Since B.C. declared a state of emergency in March 2020, the Labour Relations Board has continued to provide services to the public with three key modifications:
- The reception services at 1066 West Hastings Street in Vancouver remain closed.
- It conducts all proceedings and meetings using virtual platforms or phone, subject to in-person proceedings that meet the Board’s COVID-19 policies.
- It conducts votes required by the Labour Relations Code (the Code) using electronic voting, or by mail ballot in exceptional circumstances, subject to an in-person vote that can be conducted in accordance with the Board’s COVID-19 policies.
In accordance with Step 2 of B.C.’s 2021 Restart Plan, as of June 15, 2021, and continuing in effect until more information becomes available in advance of Step 4, the following policies apply to any request for an in-person proceeding or vote:
- Policy for the Conduct of In-Person Proceedings
- Policy for the Conduct of In-Person Votes
- Illness Policy
These policies reflect our duties as an employer to protect the health and safety of Board staff. They also reflect our duty to protect the health and safety of members of public with whom we interact as we perform our duties and responsibilities under the Code.
The Board's premises will remain closed to drop-ins, with attendance by appointment only. To request an appointment, contact us.
All correspondence initiating or relating to any proceeding under the Code should be sent by email to email@example.com.
For more information about virtual proceedings, please see the following:
- Until further notice, the Board is waiving the requirement under its Rules that a party file a sworn statutory declaration in support of applications under the Code, including, but not limited to, applications under the Code, Section 99 and Section 141.
- In lieu of a statutory declaration, parties may file an unsworn statement containing the same information and documents that would otherwise have been required in a sworn statutory declaration
- The change is subject to the discretion of the Board or the panel assigned to require a sworn statutory declaration on a case by case basis.
If you have any questions or concerns about an active file, please contact us.