The Labour Relations Board offers relationship enhancement programs to help employers and unions develop cooperative working relationships. The relationship enhancement programs can be taken in as little as three hours or a whole day.
As well, either employers or unions can apply to the Board for a facilitator, usually a mediator, to help improve their working relationships. The facilitator will assess the difficulties the parties are having and will offer suggestions to help improve their relationship.
What is the relationship enhancement program?
The relationship enhancement program can be tailored to suit the parties' needs. It can include any of the following:
- help resolving workplace issues such as:
- mediating or troubleshooting grievances or potential grievance issues
- investigating workplace issues and making a report or recommendations, where appropriate
- assessing and evaluating conflict dynamics and catalysts
- confidential one-on-one interviews with the facilitator
- one-on-one or group mediation/facilitation with the parties
- training on effective communication and conflict resolution skills and techniques
- training on collective bargaining skills, techniques, and best practices
- facilitating meetings between the parties
- overall relationship-building
How do I apply for a relationship enhancement program?
To apply for a relationship enhancement program:
- Complete the Application for a Facilitator Conflict Resolution Programs form
FORM: APPLICATION FOR A FACILITATOR CONFLICT RESOLUTION PROGRAMS
- Submit the application by email, mail, or courier to the attention of the Director of Mediation
- Arrange to pay the $100 filing fee.
Filing by email? The Board only accepts supporting information in PDF, MP3, or MP4 format. Supporting information cannot be provided by a file-share link at this time.
The daily fee for working with a Board mediator under a relationship enhancement program is $250 per party. Learn more about mediation fees.